For your safety and that of our staff, we ask that you follow the safety rules listed below whilst at Chelmsford Equestrian Centre. Even the calmest of horses can be unpredictable. Everybody entering the Centre must take care and follow our guidance when given.
- Young children must not be left unsupervised on the yard.
- A riding hat of the current safety standard must be worn at all times when riding and when working with horses and ponies.
- Suitable footwear must be worn when you are on the yard, you are advised to wear closed-toe shoes such as boots or trainers.
- No dogs allowed on the yard.
- No open umbrellas on the yard please.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the yard.
- Do not feed the horses; it can lead to them acting aggressively and biting.
- Do not enter any stable or tack up any horse or pony unless given permission to do so by CEC staff.
- Do not shout or run about on the yard.
- You must not enter any arena whilst a lesson is in progress.
- Whilst watching a lesson please keep noise and sudden movement to a minimum. Do not try and communicate with a rider whilst a lesson is in progress. It is important they concentrate fully on riding their horse.
- Prams and buggies are not permitted on the yard. Please leave them by the reception building.
- Photography and video recording of any kind is not permitted without the prior permission of the Centre staff. If you wish to take photographs of your child on horseback, please speak to the riding instructor who will arrange for you to take photographs at the end of the lesson. For child protection, social and religious reasons we do not allow any photography or video recording of any of our group lessons.